Here’s a simple, quick and delicious recipe! 🙂 Let’s eat more mindfully and put more wholesome foods into our bodies.
2 cups rolled oats blended into an oat flour (or 1 cup oat flour & 1 cup regular flour)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, if using frozen no need to thaw)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp white vinegar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3-4 tbsp maple syrup (or another sweetener you prefer)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C). Lightly grease or line baking loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk 2 eggs.
- Add the almond milk and vinegar, whisk, and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Next, blend the rolled oats into an oat flour.
- Add the oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon and whisk.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gently mix in the oat flour until just combined.
- Gently stir in blueberries until just combined in flour. Then add dry ingredients + blueberries into wet mix. Pour batter into baking loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.