Watch YouTube Video Here
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave syrup (I prefer my banana bread to be less sweet but you can change the amount of sweetener based on your own preference!)
- 2 large free-run eggs
- 2 ripe bananas (more ripe means sweeter!)
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk (or any milk you prefer, I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tea spoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice)
- Optional: 2 tbsp chia seeds (can also add ground flax or hemp seeds for extra protein)
- Optional: ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional mix-in or garnish: dark chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, almonds slithers, dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 340 degs F.
- Grease pan with avocado oil or use parchment paper at bottom of baking pan
- Mix oil and honey together in a large bowl. Then add eggs and mix well. Next add in mashed bananas and milk.
- Add vanilla extract, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Slowly fold in flour until evenly combined.
- Add in any additional mix-ins you prefer (hemp/chia seeds can be mixed in or added on top).
- Pour batter into greased pan and add garnish on top.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted and comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for around 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Enjoy! 🙂