Watch YouTube Video Here
1 cup frozen edamame beans
1 cup frozen green peas
lemon juice (1/2 lemon or 2-3 tbsp)
3 tbsp tahini (smooth)
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp avocado oil
1-2 tsp minced garlic (or garlic cloves)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Optional garnish: with peas, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Cook frozen peas and edamame in boiling water for around 3 mins.
- Drain peas and beans and rinse with cold water.
- Put beans and beans into food processor and add lemon juice, water, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oil (proportions can be changed based on personal taste and preference).
- Blend in food processor until smooth.
- Garnish with peas, nut or seeds on top.
- Store in container in fridge and snack with fruit, crackers or veggies as a spread.
- Consume in 2-3 days.