Watch YouTube Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnaohRwienU
- 2 cups all purpose flour (if using whole wheat flour you can reduce it by ~1/4 cup but check the consistency at the end)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Optional toppings: dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, etc.), chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk (you choice of milk, I used almond milk)
- ¼ cup oil (your choice of oil, I used olive oil in my recipe)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together with a spoon or electric mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until you get a moist mixture (it’s like a thick toothpaste consistency).
- Place parchment paper into baking loaf pan (I did this because I’m lazy and I don’t want to wash and scrape the pan) OR coat a light layer of olive oil on the pan.
- Put batter into baking loaf pan (leave ~1inch at the top for bread to rise).
- Optional: Decorate top of bread with more toppings.
- Optional: Cover top of pan with a layer of aluminum foil (reduces burning or browning but if you prefer the brown and crispy texture you can skip this step)
- Place pan into oven at 350 degrees and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Check if bread is fully baked by inserting a toothpick. Bread is fully baked if toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread sit and cool for around 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Store bread slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days and reheat bread in a microwave the next time you eat it!