If you’re looking for easy snack ideas or quick breakfast recipes for work or school, here’s a simple one you can try! Sometimes I grab a couple of these squares and snack on them during my work day. I hope you enjoy this Golden Banana Nut Snack or Breakfast Squares Recipe 🙂
Ingredients to make your Golden Banana Nut Snack/Breakfast Squares:
*Note: proportions are all approximate so adjust depending on desired consistency, size of banana, etc.*
- ~1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ~1 ½ – 2 cups rolled oats (blend in food processor or blender) OR use 1 ½ – 2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- handful of chopped walnuts
- 2-3 bananas (ripe)
- 1 egg
- ½-¾ cup organic soy milk (or any milk you prefer)
Optional for added sweetness:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- or brown sugar
- or 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- or dark chocolate chips
Steps to make your Banana Nut Snack Squares:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Coat tray with a thin layer of avocado oil. I just made a tray out of aluminum foil.
- Blend 1 ½ – 2 cups rolled oats in food processor or blender (this kind of acts as “flour” and adds a different texture). Alternatively you can use 1 ½ – 2 cups quick oats.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl and add other wet ingredients. Mix well. (For added sweetness I picked the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for my squares.)
- Gently combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. If batter is too moist, you can add more oats to get a thicker consistency.
- Put batter into tray.
- Add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips on top to garnish (or any other garnish you prefer).
- Place tray into oven and bake for around 20-25 minutes (or until golden brown).